TVCC's Veteran's Services Coordinating Official acts as a liaison with the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. Students may be eligible to receive educational benefits if they are registered in courses that apply to the student's approved program. Each educational program must be approved by the State of Oregon's Department of Education/Veterans' Services. Students applying for veteran's educational benefits should allow eight to ten weeks before receiving benefits. The amount of benefits awarded is determined by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs and is based on the number of credit hours or clock hours for which a student is enrolled and the length of enrollment period for each course.
Veteran's benefits available:
- Chapter 30 Montgomery GI Bill - Active Duty
- Chapter 31 Vocational Rehabilitation (available through your local VA office)
- Chapter 32 Veteran's Education Assistance Program (VEAP)
- Chapter 33 Post 9/11 GI Bill
- Chapter 34/30 Grandfathered Vietnam Era GI Bill
- Chapter 35 Survivors/Dependents of Deceased or 100% Disabled Veterans
- Chapter 1606 Montgomery GI Bill - Selected Reserve
- Chapter 1607 Reserve Educational Assistance Program (REAP)
It is the student's responsibility to notify the TVCC coordinating official of any change in enrollment, address, program of study, enrollment at another institution, or any other change that may impact their veteran's educational benefits. Those students receiving benefits must follow the Financial Aid and Veteran's Affairs standards of satisfactory academic progress to maintain eligibility for VA benefits.
U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs regulations require that all persons using any type of veteran educational assistance program be making satisfactory academic progress toward achievement of their educational objective (program of study). For additional details and information regarding veteran's educational benefits, contact the TVCC Veteran's affairs coordinating official at (541) 881-5805 or www.benefits.va.gov/gibill/.
- Advising: 541.881.5815
- Admissions: 541.881.5811
- Financial Aid: 541.881.5833